Re:Mathematics of if-else statements

Dmitry Shaporenkov <dsha@tepkom.ru>
11 Sep 2001 00:25:54 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Mathematics of if-else statements bora@nope.com (Bora Eryilmaz) (2001-09-05)
Re: Mathematics of if-else statements avbidder@vis.ethz.ch (Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder) (2001-09-10)
Re: Mathematics of if-else statements old_dnepr@yahoo.com (2001-09-10)
Re: Mathematics of if-else statements joachim_d@gmx.de (Joachim Durchholz) (2001-09-11)
Re:Mathematics of if-else statements dsha@tepkom.ru (Dmitry Shaporenkov) (2001-09-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Dmitry Shaporenkov <dsha@tepkom.ru>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 11 Sep 2001 00:25:54 -0400
Posted-Date: 11 Sep 2001 00:25:53 EDT

> ...My point is that such an analysis tool using math/logic may help
> re-organize or optimize code, but I don't claim that the above example
> is very useful. So any body familiar with such tools?

Hi,

Now I'm participating in developing of a tool like this. It is part of
RescueWare and called Business Rule Extraction (BRE). The tool can
perform various kinds of analysis/optimizations of programs written in
Cobol, including nested IFs reducing (to improve the readability of
the code), elimination of unreachable branches in IF statements and
many others.

You can see (a little bit, unfortunately) information about it at
http://www.relativity.com/products/rescueware/features.htm
--
Regards,
  Dmitry Shaporenkov