Re: GOLD Parser updated! - A new, free parser generator.

DevinCook@hotmail.com (Devin Cook)
3 Sep 2001 22:49:22 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
GOLD Parser updated! - A new, free parser generator. DevinCook@hotmail.com (2001-08-26)
Re: GOLD Parser updated! - A new, free parser generator. DevinCook@hotmail.com (2001-09-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: DevinCook@hotmail.com (Devin Cook)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.programming
Date: 3 Sep 2001 22:49:22 -0400
Posted-Date: 03 Sep 2001 22:49:22 EDT

> Devin Cook wrote:
> >
> > The NEW website is located at:
> >
> > http://www.devincook.com/goldparser
> >
> > The ZIP file containing version 1.0 Beta 17, is only about 2.6MB.
>
> Too big, unless we know it contains source. Does it?

Its big due to all the DLLs and libraries that the installation
software insists on including. You make a good point, I should create
a ZIP file to download that contains only the exe and the files that
are not part of the Windows OS. I'm not sure how big the file would
be, off hand, but it would probably be about 500k.

> When I can see the source, I'll be happy to give you feedback. What
> language is it written in?

I plan to release the source for the Parser Engine soon. It was
written in Visual Basic, but I plan to post a C++ version for better
portability.

- Devin Cook
    www.devincook.com/GOLDParser