Conversion of ELF and DWARF info

Arne =?iso-8859-1?Q?F=F8rlie?= <arne@forlie.com>
22 Mar 2001 01:20:06 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Conversion of ELF and DWARF info arne@forlie.com (Arne =?iso-8859-1?Q?F=F8rlie?=) (2001-03-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Arne =?iso-8859-1?Q?F=F8rlie?= <arne@forlie.com>
Newsgroups: comp.arch.embedded,comp.compilers
Date: 22 Mar 2001 01:20:06 -0500
Posted-Date: 22 Mar 2001 01:20:06 EST

We use the DIAB compiler suite for PPC on Solaris. For various reasons
we now consider running the debugger from a PC with Windows NT, but
the source code will be avaible on the PC by means of NFS.

Since the file names are not identical from the two platforms, we must
perform post-linker processing on the .elf file and change all
directory and file names from Solaris path to NT path, e.g.
/projects/abc/functional/vob/cde/file.cpp to
Y:/functional_vob/cde/file.cpp

The debug format is DWARF.

I have got the Elf and Dwarf standards, but I havn't been able to find
a tool that performs such a conversion. Has anyone else done this
before?

Thanks,
Arne Førlie