Compiler positions available for week ending March 4

compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers)
8 Mar 2001 12:26:16 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending March 4 compilers@iecc.com (2001-03-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.jobs.offered
Date: 8 Mar 2001 12:26:16 -0500
Posted-Date: 08 Mar 2001 12:26:15 EST

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

From: hwalby@technisource.com
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:52:53 -0500
Subject: Compiler Designer Position in Atlanta, Ga.

Job Title:Compiler Designer/Architect
Job Location:Atlanta Area

Requirement Number for Reference: AT30605

Skill Set Required:

Requires a MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or
Mathematics 3+ years of industry experience, outstanding new graduates
will also be considered Extensive knowledge of compilers, C/C++, &
Assembly language Knowledge of computer architecture concepts
(e.g. EPIC, VLIW, RISC, DSP) Ability to rapidly understand large
complex code bases Teamwork, problem solving skills, and good oral and
written communication skills are required

Tasks and Responsibilities:
  Join the Compiler Team as a Compiler Designer/Architect working on a novel,
internally designed retargetable C/C++ DSP compiler.
Implement support systems including:
-Optimized code debugger
-Processor simulator
-Profiler
-Application analysis to determine optimizations needed
-Design and modification of processor ISAs to match the requirements of
particular applications

Our company is a cooperative research and development alliance between
some of the most trusted and well known names in electronics and
telecommunications. This group was created to define next-generation
digital signal processing technologies as a combined effort in order
to share information in technology and to facilitate a greater return
for all companies involved (not to mention the end users and
consumers). Their Central Technology Center based in Atlanta,
Ga. designs superior DSP architectures, cores and development tools
for the communications, consumer electronics and transportation
industries. Full relocation assistance, full benefits and stock
options are part of the hire on package. If it sounds like something
that would interest you, please contact me @ 1-800-262-9088 Ext. 105
or shoot me an email @ hwalby@technisource.com, so I can discuss the
positions with you in more detail. Thanks for your time and I look
forward to hearing from you.

-------------------------------

Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 16:16:04 +0100
From: Reibert Arbring <reibert.arbring@softlab.ericsson.se>
Subject: Compiler Developers Wanted, Sweden

Compiler Developers Wanted

Ericsson SoftLab (http://www.softlab.se) is now looking for persons
that would like to work in the area of compiler technology. We are
continually engaged in advanced assignments that employ the latest
technology. Some examples of our activities include the development of
compilers that put very large capacity requirements on generated code,
the development of just-in-time (JIT) compilers, and the adaptation of
Java virtual machines to real-time systems.

If you have a degree in engineering or computer science, are
experienced in working with compilers and languages, then Ericsson
SoftLab is definitely the place for you! Recent university graduates
with an ardent interest in these areas are also invited to apply.

For more information, contact the manager for Compiler Technology
Jonas Fredén, jonas@softlab.ericsson.se, +46 13 23 57 27.

The position would require working mostly in Sweden in the eastern
area abt 200 kilometers south of Stockholm. Our specialty is various
optimization techniques, but we are also proficient in the scanner/
parser area (we have, for instance, developed a tool suite for
front-end generation, ToolMaker - which is freeware today -
http://www.softlab.se/toolmaker/).

Compiler Experts Wanted

Ericsson SoftLab (http://www.softlab.se) is now looking for persons
that has multiple years of experience in compiler technology, applied
in various areas. We expect that you have been involved in the making
of several compilers, developed optimization algorithms, worked with
register allocation, had thoughts around AST/symbol table design etc.
Or in short, that you are an expert in the area.

We are continuously working with complex issues regarding compiler
technology in different ways and are well recognized both inside and
outside Ericsson for competence in compiler technology. We build new
compilers, as well as make improvements of existing ones. Our
specialty is various optimization techniques, but we are also
proficient in the scanner/parser area (we have, for instance,
developed a tool suite for front-end generation, ToolMaker - which is
freeware today - http://www.softlab.se/toolmaker/).

The position would require working mostly in Sweden in the eastern
area abt 200 kilometers south of Stockholm. If you have any questions
you are very welcome to contact Jonas Fredén, jonas@softlab.ericsson.se,
+46 13 23 57 27, manager for Compiler Technology.