How to build a CLI and a Shell

Eric Dubuis <dubuis@iam.unibe.ch>
5 Jan 2001 14:07:41 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
How to build a CLI and a Shell dubuis@iam.unibe.ch (Eric Dubuis) (2001-01-05)
Re: How to build a CLI and a Shell nprasad@cyberrep.com (Nirmal Prasad R.) (2001-01-09)
Re: How to build a CLI and a Shell dubuis@iam.unibe.ch (Eric Dubuis) (2001-01-18)
Re: How to build a CLI and a Shell samiam@cisco.com (Scott Moore) (2001-01-19)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Eric Dubuis <dubuis@iam.unibe.ch>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 5 Jan 2001 14:07:41 -0500
Posted-Date: 05 Jan 2001 14:07:41 EST

Hi there,

I have the task to build a shell and a Cisco or Juniper like Command
Line Interpreter (CLI) for some router and will be using the C (or
C++) programming language.

I think that I have some basic ideas how to attack the problem using
the gnu readline library to build the shell and some compiler
construction kit like pccts/antlr to build the command line
interpreter.

I guess, Rapid Logics (Windriver these days) RC for CLI would be a
possible solution, but I'd like to stick with freely available tools
(open src, berkeley, gnu,...) as far as possible.

This problem has been solved before, but I don't seem to find any good
URLs, papers, articles or books. Any help would be greately appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric