Re: stack access speed

david lindauer <dlindauer@notifier-is.net>
16 Nov 2000 15:00:39 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
stack access speed j8fx@my-deja.com (2000-11-15)
Re: stack access speed dlindauer@notifier-is.net (david lindauer) (2000-11-16)
Re: stack access speed rkrayhawk@aol.com (2000-11-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: david lindauer <dlindauer@notifier-is.net>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 16 Nov 2000 15:00:39 -0500
Posted-Date: 16 Nov 2000 15:00:39 EST

hi,

I would get an ASM dump and compare the code GCC generates in the two
cases. Putting variables on the stack shouldn't make that much of a
difference unless GCC is calculating all the array indexes every time in
one case but not the other...

David

j8fx@my-deja.com wrote:
> I have programmed the following code for a small test and run it on two
> different platform as stated above.I have run the test for 100,000
> times and time it when it start and finish excuting the program.
[I looked at the code. The stack code is surprisingly bad. -John]