Re: DLX compiler

Michael Meissner <meissner@redhat.com>
21 Sep 2000 18:10:08 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
DLX compiler cmt50@netvision.net.il (Ofer Perets) (2000-09-08)
Re: DLX compiler meissner@redhat.com (Michael Meissner) (2000-09-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Michael Meissner <meissner@redhat.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 21 Sep 2000 18:10:08 -0400

Ofer Perets <cmt50@netvision.net.il> writes:

> Hello!! Does anybody know,is any C free C compiler for the DLX
> processor ? I need compiler that generate DLX asm code (running on
> unix/linux/win95)
>
> thanks
> mail:ofer@cmt.co.il

Doing a simple google search for dlx gcc reveals among others:

http://www-mount.ee.umn.edu/~okeefe/mcerg/gcc-dlx.html

Note, it seems to use a 2-3 year old version of gcc (2.7.x), which is
at least better than the 5 year old version of gcc (1.37) found in
some of the other sites mentioned. The current GCC sources do not
include a machine description for the DLX machine. Unfortunately, I
suspect it might be hard to trace down all of the people who have
modified this version in order to get the proper assignments so it can
be included in the FSF (let alone upgrade the port to the current
sources).

--
Michael Meissner, Red Hat, Inc.
Work: meissner@redhat.com phone: +1 978-486-9304