Re: parser generator with DBCS option

grosch@cocolab.de (Josef Grosch)
21 Sep 2000 18:07:30 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
parser generator with DBCS option sergey.z@sapiens.com (Sergey Zamansky) (2000-09-15)
Re: parser generator with DBCS option grosch@cocolab.de (2000-09-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: grosch@cocolab.de (Josef Grosch)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 21 Sep 2000 18:07:30 -0400

"Sergey Zamansky" <sergey.z@sapiens.com> asked:
> Which parser generator can handle input files that contain two
> bytes-per-character (DBCS)?

Recently we have extended the scanner generator Rex of the Cocktail
Toolbox to generate scanners for double-byte characters and for
four-byte characters. The input stream can be encoded besides
single-byte characters in UCS-2, UCS-4, UTF-8, or UTF-16. This version
of Rex will be available with the next release of Cocktail. We are
still using the table-driven approach as before, however the
characters are mapped to index values instead of being used directly
as index into tables. For double-byte characters the mapping can be
done by accessing an array. Using this mapping the proper scanner
tables are smaller than before.

Best regards

Dr. Josef Grosch

CoCoLab - Datenverarbeitung