PLT DrScheme v103 available

steck@rice.edu (Paul Steckler)
8 Sep 2000 02:20:26 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
PLT DrScheme v103 available steck@rice.edu (2000-09-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: steck@rice.edu (Paul Steckler)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 8 Sep 2000 02:20:26 -0400

PLT DrScheme v103 is available now at

    http://www.cs.rice.edu/CS/PLT/packages/drscheme/

The most visible improvements are:

  - Cut-and-paste keybindings fixed

  - Windows keypad bug fixed

  - DrScheme is more responsive to keystrokes (noticeable on
        slower machines)

  - Projects now have platform-independent project-relative filenames

DrScheme and MzScheme v103 binaries and sources are available
in Linux RPM format.

Beginning with this release, we have discontinued binary executable
distributions for most Unix variants. Linux (x86) and Solaris (Sparc)
binaries are still available, but AIX, BeOS, FreeBSD, Linux (PPC),
HP/UX, OSF/1, and Irix binaries are no longer available. This change
is made possible by improved compilation scripts, so that compiling
DrScheme from source is relatively easy. The source code for DrScheme is
available from the same download page as the pre-built binaries.

As usual, there are many minor changes and bug fixes. Details
are provided in the release notes. In Help Desk, see
Scheme|Release Information|Release Notes; in the distribution, see
plt/notes/drscheme/HISTORY.

Enjoy!

-- Paul

| Paul Steckler, Ph.D. | Rice University PLT |
| steck@cs.rice.edu | DrScheme Project |
| Tel: 713/348-3814 | http://www.cs.rice.edu/~steck |
| FAX: 713/348-5930 | *** Ad astra per hackera *** |