Re: SSA-form and cmove

krish@wam.umd.edu (Krishnan)
2 Sep 2000 16:20:53 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
SSA-form and cmove tommy.hoffner@softlab.ericsson.se (Tommy Hoffner) (2000-08-13)
Re: SSA-form and cmove stephen.clarke@earthling.net (Stephen Clarke) (2000-08-20)
Re: SSA-form and cmove tlh20@cam.ac.uk (Tim Harris) (2000-08-27)
Re: SSA-form and cmove krish@wam.umd.edu (2000-09-02)
Re: SSA-form and cmove hannah@mamba.pond.sub.org (2000-09-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: krish@wam.umd.edu (Krishnan)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 2 Sep 2000 16:20:53 -0400

>Conditional move is a special case of predicated instruction. For
>ISAs that have general predication (i.e. conditional execution of any
>instruction), the problem must exist on every instruction. Are there
>compilers that use SSA and support general predication in the same
>representation? What do the IA-64 compilers do?

I don't know how IA-64 compilers handle it; you may want to take a look at
the following PACT'99 paper:

Lori Carter, Beth Simon, Brad Calder, Larry Carter, and Jeanne Ferrante,
Predicated Static Single Assignment . In proceedings of the International
Conference on Parallel Architectures and Compilation Techniques, October 1999.

-krishnan
www.cs.umd.edu/~krish