Interactive Parsing

Marielle Fois <im99_foa@nada.kth.se>
27 Jul 2000 21:35:22 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Interactive Parsing im99_foa@nada.kth.se (Marielle Fois) (2000-07-27)
Interactive Parsing yves.dufournaud@imag.fr (Yves Dufournaud) (1995-08-01)
Re: Interactive Parsing johnm@soda.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU (1995-08-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Marielle Fois <im99_foa@nada.kth.se>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 27 Jul 2000 21:35:22 -0400

Hi there!

I am facing a problem and am seeking advice about it. It goes like
this. I am working with context dependent grammars, and what we want
to do is to calculate the list of possible completions (i.e. the list
of tokens) that the grammar accepts, while we type expressions of the
grammar. That is, in an interactive way, for each character you type,
the list of possible completions is calculated. I don't know if I
explain myself well enough. This was an easy problem to solve for
context free grammars, but adding attributes to the grammar and
handling the dependencies between the attributes is not being that
easy and it is getting a bit ugly. Also, this problem doesn't depend
on any particular grammar, as we have several.

I would very much appreciate if someone could give me any reference
to how others solved this problem.

Thanks in advice,
Marielle