Re: Learning compiler technology

"Armel" <webid@asi.fr>
27 Jun 2000 00:55:29 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Learning compiler technology jatsi@mbnet.fi (Jami) (2000-06-20)
Re: Learning compiler technology grpdefi@wanadoo.fr (Jacques Thibault) (2000-06-22)
Re: Learning compiler technology tscoffey@my-deja.com (2000-06-27)
Re: Learning compiler technology eil@kingston.net (John H. Lindsay) (2000-06-27)
Re: Learning compiler technology webid@asi.fr (Armel) (2000-06-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Armel" <webid@asi.fr>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 27 Jun 2000 00:55:29 -0400

Hi,

> -What level of maths one needs to know to understand compiler technology?
        I wrote my first parser generator (LL) when 17 years old... my level was
one of a french bachelor (no sets, no other things like that).

> -Does compiler technology books presume university level maths?
Yes somewhat, but theory is not really necessary

> -What books would you recommend?
the first generator I done was simply when reading the Kerninghan & Richie
:)
I used the "Dragon book" later.

> -What other sources would you recommend (e.g web pages)?
simply look in this news group time to time :)

Armel