Compiler positions available for week ending June 18

compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers)
20 Jun 2000 02:48:32 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending June 18 compilers@iecc.com (2000-06-20)
Compiler positions available for week ending June 18 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1995-06-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.jobs.offered
Date: 20 Jun 2000 02:48:32 -0400

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

From: "Simeone, Joseph F" <joseph.f.simeone@intel.com>
Subject: Compiler Engineer for Network Classification Language at Intel
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 14:54:03 -0700

Design and develop retargetable NCL (Network Classification Language)
compiler for use in the next generation of network processors. Tasks will
include front-end (yacc), optimization and code-generation work, as well as
development of compiler tools (assembler, linker), and performance analysis
and tuning of policy-based networking applications including intrusion
detection, VPNs, firewalls, and load balancing. Will be expected to develop
algorithms and implement them in micro/assembly code. Minimum 3 years
experience related to the following: Required: Experience in compiler
algorithms and tools Desired: Experience with embedded systems and cross
compilers Desired: Experience with StrongArm Processor architecture Desired:
Networking background (layer three and above) Required: BSEE or BSCS.
Desired: MSEE or MSCS.
Position located in San Jose, CA.
Email resume, and salary requirements to:
mailto:joseph.f.simeone@intel.com

-------------------------------

From: Kees van der Bent <hr@siroyan.com>
Subject: Advanced UK Opportunities
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 18:28:24 +0100

Come and shape Siroyan's professional tool development team! As a team we
set common goals, and share ideas, code and responsibility. Talk to us if
advanced technology, high quality and having fun is what you're looking for.

We're located in the very attractive Thames-Valley UK and have a superb
relocation scheme to get you here and other schemes to keep you here...
For more information call +44 118 949 7607 and have a look at
http://www.siroyan.com

Assembler Development Software Engineer

You'll be a member of Siroyan's dedicated Software Tools team, where
you will further develop and (re-)design the assembler. Depending on
your experience and ambition, you will be also involved with the
development other parts of the tool chain.

Requirements:
* Good degree in Computer Science or Electronics
* 1+ years C/C++ programming experience
* Assembly language programming experience
* Preferably knowledge of compiler internals
* UNIX (Solaris) experience is useful

Linker/Loader Development Software Engineer

You'll be a member of Siroyan's dedicated Software Tools team, where
your main focus will be on the development of the linker/loader. You
will develop new strategies to accommodate Siroyan's
highly-configurable processor architecture and will also be actively
involved in the development of part of the debugger.

Requirements:
* Good degree in Computer Science or Electronics
* 3+ years C/C++ programming experience
* Knowledge of and interest in developing algorithms
* Knowledge of compiler internals
* Embedded systems development experience is an advantage
* UNIX (Solaris) experience is useful

Compiler Development Software Engineer

You'll be a member of Siroyan's dedicated Software Tools team, where your
main focus will be on developing advanced features for our compiler and
VLIW scheduler. You will also be actively involved in defining the overall
architecture of the compiler.

Requirements:
* Good degree in Computer Science
* 4+ years C/C++ programming experience
* Experience or great familiarity with compiler construction
* Preferably knowledge of parallelization algorithms
* UNIX (Solaris) experience is useful

Debugger Development Software Engineer

You'll be a member of Siroyan's dedicated Software Tools team, where your
main focus will be on the internals of the source level debugger and its
interface with a commercial integrated development environment (IDE). You
will also be actively involved in the development of parts of the compiler.

Requirements:
* Good degree in Computer Science or Electronics
* 5+ years C/C++ programming experience
* Knowledge of debugger internals
* Knowledge of on-chip debugging techniques
* Commitment to developer-friendly software

From: "Kirk Macolini" <kirk@grammatech.com>
Subject: Jobs at GrammaTech, Ithaca NY
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 16:02:36 -0400

GrammaTech (http://www.grammatech.com) is seeking innovative Software
Engineers of all levels (BS, MS, PhD) to develop and improve our
newest product, CodeSurfer
(http://www.grammatech.com/products/codesurfer/codesurfer.html), and
expand our line of next generation CASE tools. Our recent successes
call for rapid expansion of our Research & Development efforts.

We need people with knowledge, experience or interest in any of the
following areas:
Dependence Graphs & Program Slicing
Compiler technology
     Design and Development of Interactive Development Environments (IDE)
Security & Information Assurance
Aspect Oriented Programming
Model Checking
GUI Programming

The following skill sets are useful:
C/C++ programming
Java a plus
TCL/TK
UML

GrammaTech is located in Ithaca, New York. Ithaca offers the best of
two worlds: a vibrant cultural community surrounded by peaceful
countryside. Ithaca is home to Cornell University and Ithaca College.
Located at the southern tip of 40-mile long Cayuga Lake, Ithaca is in
the heart of central New York's scenic Finger Lakes Region. Residents
enjoy high quality of life with easy access to entertainment and
recreation including theatre, music, museums, wineries, sailing,
hiking, and skiing.

If you are interested in opportunities at GrammaTech, send your resume
and availability to recruiting@grammatech.com
[I have lunch with GrammaTech people now and then, seems like a good
place to work. -John]