Data flow analysis of software

R Venugopal <venug@sasi.com>
10 Jun 2000 15:15:47 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Data flow analysis of software venug@sasi.com (R Venugopal) (2000-06-10)
Re: Data flow analysis of software freitag@alancoxonachip.com (Andi Kleen) (2000-06-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: R Venugopal <venug@sasi.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 10 Jun 2000 15:15:47 -0400

Hi!
We are in the process of trying out some new optimizations as
a research effort. However, the success of these optimizations depends
on the availability of accurate data flow information. It would be too
much of an effort to actually implement a sophisticated data flow
analyzer to generate this information. Does anyone know of some
publicly available software which implements the various kinds of data
flow analyses? I am talking of almost all the analyses like
interprocedural (should handle aliasing), array variable analysis,
pointer analysis (our source language is C) etc. (Probably, I am
asking for a lot!!). SUIF, MachSUIF etc. don't seem to have all these
kinds of analysis (or, do they? at least I have not been able to find
any info. on this.) Thanks.

--Venu.