Re: Yacc for Intel assmbler

"Randall Hyde" <rhyde@shoe-size.com>
3 Jun 2000 17:25:15 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Yacc for Intel assmbler damir.bulic@zg.tel.hr (Damir BuliƦ) (2000-06-01)
Re: Yacc for Intel assmbler rhyde@shoe-size.com (Randall Hyde) (2000-06-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Randall Hyde" <rhyde@shoe-size.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 3 Jun 2000 17:25:15 -0400

> Is there a Yacc grammar for Intel assembler? (give me URL or simply e-mail
> me one)

Well, depends on what you call an "Intel Assembler". If you are
talking about a strict Intel 80x86 Syntax Assembler, then I can't help
you. If you don't care as much about the syntax as you do the ability
to manipulate 80x86 machine instructions, you can take a look at HLA
(the High Level Assembler) at http://webster.cs.ucr.edu. This isn't a
Yacc grammar, but a full compiler written with Flex and Bison. It's
quite large, so it's not for the weak of heart, but it does have a lot
of nifty features.

Randy Hyde