Re: First and Follow sets

"Paul Johnston" <johnston.p@worldnet.att.net>
21 May 2000 22:27:28 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
First and Follow sets csuhu@csv.warwick.ac.uk (Jan Schulze) (2000-05-20)
Re: First and Follow sets rsherry@home.com (Robert Sherry) (2000-05-21)
Re: First and Follow sets johnston.p@worldnet.att.net (Paul Johnston) (2000-05-21)
Re: First and Follow sets hybrid@dol.ru (Hybrid) (2000-05-21)
Re: First and Follow sets tmoog@polhode.com (Tom Moog) (2000-05-22)
Re: First and Follow sets pfaffben@msu.edu (Ben Pfaff) (2000-05-24)
Re: First and Follow sets p.terry@ru.ac.za (Pat Terry) (2000-05-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Paul Johnston" <johnston.p@worldnet.att.net>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 21 May 2000 22:27:28 -0400

I'd answer your question in more detail, but I'm sorry I don't have
the time. What you need to do is find the loneliest cubicle in the
remotest corner of some library, a pencil and several sheets of paper.
Then read the dragon book over and over and over and over again and
*write out everything*. There's really no substitute. It will come
to you eventually and you'll come to a better understanding of
everthing. You'll find that you'll have to justify all those 'little'
concepts which you just accept and don't really challenge but make all
the difference in the end.

And oh yes, have fun!

Paul