Reviewers and Referees for e-Journal

"Quinn Tyler Jackson" <qjackson@home.com>
26 Apr 2000 02:36:42 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Reviewers and Referees for e-Journal qjackson@home.com (Quinn Tyler Jackson) (2000-04-26)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Quinn Tyler Jackson" <qjackson@home.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 26 Apr 2000 02:36:42 -0400

Hello!

For some time, I have been wanting to put together a refereed
e-journal with the following mission:

"The Journal of Pattern Matching is a digital scientific journal
focusing on the topics of pattern matching, parsing, stringology, and
those areas of combinatorics that cross into the domain of pattern
matching. Rather than focusing exclusively on theory or practice, JPM
strives for clear, accessible presentation of reproducible, relevant
results. Whether presenting practical results or elaborating on points
of theory, the JPM paper should be equally accessible to the
practitioner and the theorist, without losing pertinence."

To pull it off, I would need about 12 volunteer reviewers/referees who
are knee-deep in any of the topic areas, either as members of industry
or academia.

The journal would be released each time it reached about six accepted
papers.

If anyone would have any interest in serving as a volunteer reviewer
in a double-blind arrangement, please let me know via email at:

        qjackson@home.com

with the subject line "JPM"

My own role in this would be to coordinate submissions (i.e. forward
them to reviewers, consider the reviews and respond accordingly, get
releases to the authors, typeset, distribute the journal, et cetera).

Cheers,
--
Quinn Tyler Jackson