Looking for Fortran Lexer/Parser Information

"Christian Curtis" <cbcurtis@mediaone.net>
25 Jan 2000 00:07:54 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for Fortran Lexer/Parser Information cbcurtis@mediaone.net (Christian Curtis) (2000-01-25)
Re: Looking for Fortran Lexer/Parser Information idbaxter@semdesigns.com (Ira D. Baxter) (2000-02-04)
Re: Looking for Fortran Lexer/Parser Information wclodius@aol.com (2000-02-04)
Re: Looking for Fortran Lexer/Parser Information cbcurtis@mediaone.net (Christian Curtis) (2000-02-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Christian Curtis" <cbcurtis@mediaone.net>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 25 Jan 2000 00:07:54 -0500

        I am hand coding a Lexer and a Parser for fortran to help with
code optimization and later on translation into another language
(probably visual basic since it is well supported where I work).

I am looking for some information on lexing and parsing of Fortran.
Mostly in any solutions to the context determined lexing of keywords,
and handling of Common blocks.

Any general grammar information would also be appreciated or any leads
in general.

Thanks in advance for any information,

Cris
[I told him about my yacc Fortran parser in the archives. It uses a
hand-coded lexer with a lot of kludges, but it works fine. -John]