Looking for word lists

The Chosen One <pwilkinson@maxis.com>
1 Jan 2000 16:21:27 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for word lists pwilkinson@maxis.com (The Chosen One) (2000-01-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: The Chosen One <pwilkinson@maxis.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 1 Jan 2000 16:21:27 -0500

I'm looking for some word lists that I can use to learn lex and yacc.
Anybody know any good sources? A basic spelling dictionary in text
format would be great. I think Unix systems come with them - is it
called /usr/words?

Even more fun would be lists of adjective, adverbs, nouns, etc. If I
can find a regular dictionary with definitions in text format I can
probably extract these lists myself. So far everything I've found is
in binary form.

Thanks in advance,

- Paul
[Most Unix systems come with the word list from Webster's 2nd international
dictionary, but for practice purposes, I'd just type in a few dozen words
and use them. As I note in my book, LALR is not a very good way to try
to parse natural language. -John]