Parsing History

Patrick Durusau <>
20 Dec 1999 23:32:22 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Release 1.4 of the KOPI Suite (DMS Decision Management Systems GmbH) (1999-12-15)
Parsing History (Patrick Durusau) (1999-12-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Patrick Durusau <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 20 Dec 1999 23:32:22 -0500

I am trying to location the citation to an article I saw several years
ago on the similarities of parsing theory as developed by classical
Sanskrit grammarians and modern computer based parsers. I think it was
in one of the ACM publications and I suspect I saw the citation in
either a compiler or perhaps one of the better Scheme books. I am
trying to location the citation for a friend and with the holiday rush
don't have time to visit the library to rediscover the citation. Does
this reference sound familiar to anyone?

Many thanks!

Patrick Durusau
Information Technology Services
Scholars Press