ld

"Seth Horan" <shoran@allaire.com>
16 Nov 1999 23:47:10 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
ld bdudekem@hotmail.com (Benoit d'Udekem) (1996-12-26)
ld shoran@allaire.com (Seth Horan) (1999-11-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Seth Horan" <shoran@allaire.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 16 Nov 1999 23:47:10 -0500

Hello,
I have a .so that I'd like to have resolve all symbols locally. I am on
Linux(Red Hat 6.0) using gcc/ld. I thought the -Bsymbolic switch passed to
the linker would do the trick. When I try to link I get the following error:

/usr/bin/ld: linux/http.so: Not enough room for program headers (allocated
3, need 4)
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake: *** [linux/http.so] Error 1

Can anyone save me a trip though the linker source and shed some light on
this? Is there some other way to get all symbols resolved locally?

Thanks