Re: handling exceptions

Ehud Lamm <>
31 Oct 1999 23:59:02 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
handling exceptions (Maikel Pennings) (1999-10-27)
Re: handling exceptions (1999-10-28)
Re: handling exceptions (Christian Stapfer) (1999-10-28)
Re: handling exceptions (1999-10-29)
Re: handling exceptions (Gautier) (1999-10-29)
Re: handling exceptions (Laurent Guerby) (1999-10-29)
Re: handling exceptions (Ehud Lamm) (1999-10-31)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Ehud Lamm <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 31 Oct 1999 23:59:02 -0500

On 27 Oct 1999, Maikel Pennings wrote:

|Does anyone know how a compiler (e.g. ada95 compiler) handles
|exceptions. I have to add exception handling to a compiler for a
|project, and I'm wondering how this is done in real compilers

I am not sure how much effort you really want to put into this, but if
you really want to know how it is done in a real compiler, this is
what I'd do. Get the GNAT Ada95 compiler (
etc.). This is GPLed software, so you can get the source. The compiler
is part of the GCC family.

Interesting discussion about exception handling can be found here:
The Evolution of C++,Language Design in the Market Place of Ideas,
              edited by Jim Waldo

Good luck.

Ehud Lamm <== My home on the web