Semantic Error Wish List

"Quinn Tyler Jackson" <>
27 Oct 1999 14:11:28 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Semantic Error Wish List (Quinn Tyler Jackson) (1999-10-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Quinn Tyler Jackson" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 27 Oct 1999 14:11:28 -0400

I'm knee deep in implementing semantic error checks on my PAISLEI 2.0
parser generator, so I figured I would ask for a wish list of
technically feasible but sometimes overlooked error checks - so as to
catch the obvious ones, and the "not so obvious" ones that grammar
writers wish they'd had at 2:00 AM, coffee in hand, with other tools.

(If the check you'd like is non-trivial, please point me to the
literature that describes its theoretical basis, and I'll see what I
can muster.)

Quinn Tyler Jackson