Re: C++ parser front end

"Bill Fahle" <>
14 Oct 1999 01:25:13 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C++ parser front end (Bernt Kullbach) (1999-10-13)
Re: C++ parser front end (1999-10-14)
Re: C++ parser front end (Robert Bowdidge) (1999-10-14)
Re: C++ parser front end (Bill Fahle) (1999-10-14)
Re: C++ parser front end (1999-10-14)
Re: C++ parser front end (1999-10-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Bill Fahle" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 14 Oct 1999 01:25:13 -0400

I researched this about a year and a half ago, and I found the same thing
you did. EDG is really the only viable option (although hugely expensive as
noted; one must consider the number of man-years that have gone into
it/would go into developing your own. We started out developing our own, and
gave up about the time we saw:
template <T> class temp {

The PCCTS-based C++ parser needs tons of work. EDG does seem to work in most

Bernt Kullbach <> wrote in message
> I now have been looking for C++ parser front ends for some time.
[What about the C++ parser that egcs uses? -John]