Re: Looking for C -> three-address code

Juergen Kahrs <jkahrs@castor.atlas.de>
6 Oct 1999 09:17:31 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for C -> three-address code jayman78@my-deja.com (1999-10-06)
Re: Looking for C -> three-address code jkahrs@castor.atlas.de (Juergen Kahrs) (1999-10-06)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Juergen Kahrs <jkahrs@castor.atlas.de>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 6 Oct 1999 09:17:31 -0400

jayman78@my-deja.com wrote:

> could anyone please point me to a basic C-compiler/calculator,which
> generates intermediate/3 address code and can be used for understanding
> compiler basics.

LCC is a well documented ANSI C compiler which also supports
generation of "symbolic" code instead of machine or assembly code:

    http://www.cs.princeton.edu/software/lcc/

Symbolic code represents a tree, which needs some linearization.
I have played around with it quite a while and found it useful.
The book on LCC is very good, but it has almost no information on
symbolic code.
| Juergen Kahrs, STN Atlas Elektronik GmbH, D-28305 Bremen |
| Simulation Division Sebaldsbruecker Heerstr. 235 +49/421/457-2819 |
+----------- http://home.t-online.de/home/Juergen.Kahrs/ -------------+