Re: Compiler optimization - overviews?

"Stéphane Baubillier" <>
27 Sep 1999 11:20:31 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler optimization - overviews? (Craig Jones) (1999-09-24)
Re: Compiler optimization - overviews? (Stéphane Baubillier) (1999-09-27)
Re: Compiler optimization - overviews? (Leif Leonhardy) (1999-09-27)
Re: Compiler optimization - overviews? (Randy Crawford) (1999-09-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Stéphane Baubillier" <>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c++,comp.lang.c,comp.compilers
Date: 27 Sep 1999 11:20:31 -0400

> Could someone please suggest some good overviews of compiler
> optimization? I am looking for something that has a little more
> information on the different categories of optimization as well as
> specificis. But maybe not as meaty as reading some compiler textbook.
> I am using C++.

"Modern compiler implementation in ML"

Read this book (if you are not afraid with ML) : it contains a lots of
general information about optimization (Dataflow analysis, Loop
optimization, Static single-Assignment form,...).
Stéphane Baubillier, ingénieur en informatique chez Pacte Novation
email :
[If you don't like ML, Appel has versions of the book in other languages
including C. See the FAQ. -John]