Compiler optimization - overviews?

Craig Jones <>
24 Sep 1999 22:59:26 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler optimization - overviews? (Craig Jones) (1999-09-24)
Re: Compiler optimization - overviews? (Stéphane Baubillier) (1999-09-27)
Re: Compiler optimization - overviews? (Leif Leonhardy) (1999-09-27)
Re: Compiler optimization - overviews? (Randy Crawford) (1999-09-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Craig Jones <>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c++,comp.lang.c,comp.compilers
Date: 24 Sep 1999 22:59:26 -0400

Could someone please suggest some good overviews of compiler
optimization? I am looking for something that has a little more
information on the different categories of optimization as well as
specificis. But maybe not as meaty as reading some compiler textbook.

I am using C++.

Any thoughts and pointers would be very much appreciated.

Craig Jones
[I'd look in some of the books listed in the FAQ. -John]