How write formal specifications?

Daniele Benegiamo <>
5 Sep 1999 02:44:20 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
How write formal specifications? (Daniele Benegiamo) (1999-09-05)
Re: How write formal specifications? (Ian Elliott) (1999-09-06)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Daniele Benegiamo <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang.beta
Date: 5 Sep 1999 02:44:20 -0400

I would know what is the better (or at least the most used :) )
formalism to write formal specifications for static and dynamic
semantics of a language.

I know that exists at least two notations: algebraic and with
attribute grammar. Exists other notations? If so, where can I found
informations about?

Thanks, Daniele.
Daniele "kafumanto" Benegiamo |
[I've seen a bunch of them, none all that satisfactory because a useful
spec tends to be so long that it's nearly impossible to debug. -John]