Visual compiler construction

"Walt and Denise Fles" <>
5 Sep 1999 02:39:04 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Visual compiler construction (Walt and Denise Fles) (1999-09-05)
Re: Visual compiler construction (1999-09-06)
Re: Visual compiler construction (Taylor Hutt) (1999-09-10)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Walt and Denise Fles" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 5 Sep 1999 02:39:04 -0400

do "real world" compilers like the VC++ series use Lex and Yacc?
I know that it is recommened to "hand code" a lexer for use with
YACC, but what about products from MS, Borland, and the GNU
compilers are they written in YACC? I couldn't imagine a C grammar
written without it ( though Im sure it originally was ).
Walt and Denise Fles
[Some do, some don't. GCC uses a yacc (bison, really) parser. -John]