Re: Regarding Java compiler

Asrat Zewde <>
24 Aug 1999 12:07:39 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Regarding Java compiler (Srivatsan Narasimhan) (1999-08-12)
Re: Regarding Java compiler (Tom Tromey) (1999-08-13)
Re: Regarding Java compiler (Rodrigo Augusto B. Ferreira) (1999-08-13)
Re: Regarding Java compiler (Charles McKnight) (1999-08-18)
Re: Regarding Java compiler (Asrat Zewde) (1999-08-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Asrat Zewde <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 24 Aug 1999 12:07:39 -0400

Srivatsan Narasimhan wrote:
> I am trying to find how procedure call graphs are being
> constructed by Java compiler and other details regarding that. If you can
> help me in this regard it would be great. Kindly suggest some pointers
> regarding this.
> Also I am looking for source code for Java compiler. Is there any
> Java compiler that is available in the public domain?

SUN provides source code for JDK which you can accesses from, and it's
huge,25meg; of course, you need to register for license. There is also
an IBM implementation called jikes it too requires license agreement
you can find it at

There is another one that doesn't require license agreement, and it
uses GNU's tools such as bison and lex for parsing and scanning . It
extends Java by adding generic feature you can find it at