x86 assembler to C (was Re: motorola 68000 assembly to C translator.

vetinari@hex.vushta.com (Havelock Vetinari)
12 Aug 1999 03:08:04 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
motorola 68000 assembly to C translator. yadid@mmi.co.il (yadid ayzenberg) (1999-06-27)
Re: motorola 68000 assembly to C translator. cranescale@cs.com (1999-07-23)
Re: motorola 68000 assembly to C translator. ertr1013@student.csd.uu.se (Erik Trulsson) (1999-07-28)
x86 assembler to C (was Re: motorola 68000 assembly to C translator. vetinari@hex.vushta.com (1999-08-12)
Re: x86 assembler to C (was Re: motorola 68000 assembly to C translato chase@world.std.com (David Chase) (1999-08-13)
Re: x86 assembler to C (was Re: motorola 68000 assembly to C translato ast@halcyon.com (1999-08-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: vetinari@hex.vushta.com (Havelock Vetinari)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 12 Aug 1999 03:08:04 -0400

I am working on a project that consists of thousands of lines of highly
optimised x86 assembler. I would like to translate it to C (no matter how
poor the generated C is from an idiomatic POV).

Now, I have written such a translator in Perl, but it is very much a hack,
and requires a fair bit of human intervention in the resulting code. Is
there something better out there that I can use? Something that will
require less (or even no) fixups on my part?

As a note, my plan is to translate the code, for ease in moving it to
other platforms, with the option to do some (future) assembly language
tuning on the target platform. The idea is to get a working version of the
project on the client's hardware as quickly as possible, to convince them
to fund an optimised version.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Many thanks, in advance.

--
Timothy Knox
[I've seen hacks, nothing very good. -John]