parsing in VB

"Marc Font" <>
4 Aug 1999 01:15:32 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
parsing in VB (Marc Font) (1999-08-04)
Re: parsing in VB (1999-08-07)
Re: parsing in VB (Chris F Clark) (1999-08-12)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Marc Font" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 4 Aug 1999 01:15:32 -0400

I'm doing a parser for Visual Basic with Java. The other day, looking
for information about it in Internet, I read that Visual Basic is not
a LR(1) language. I'm using Visual Parser, which implements a LR(1)
grammatic, and before implement all the tokens of VB i'm interested in
knowing if it's true that it isn't a LR(1) language (because if it is
true, i'll be forced to change my development software).

I have another problem, I'm trying to get the class declaration syntax
used by Visual Basic, but I can't. Can anyone tell me if there is a
location where I can find it????.

Thank you.

[I doubt that VB is LR(1), although it might be possible to fake it with
some lexical cheating. -John]