Compiler positions available for week ending July 25
25 Jul 1999 09:23:48 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending July 25 (1999-07-25)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,
Date: 25 Jul 1999 09:23:48 -0400

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to

From: Doug Gilmore <>
Subject: Positions available at Equator Tech, Seattle

Equator Technologies is looking to fill multiple positions in our
compiler group to work in our Seattle and/or Campbell offices. For
our senior positions we are particularly interested in talking to
people with experience in developing or managing compiler projects
that involve the optimization and scheduling of heavily predicated
ISAs, software pipelining, software prefetching, or optimal code
generation strategies for VLIWs. We also have junior positions
available for bright prospects with strong system programming
backgrounds to help build fast translators, analysis software, along
with the build and test environments that are needed to produce a
production compiler for DSP applications.

Applicants should contact:

For more information see:

Doug Gilmore
Manager Compiler Group
Equator Technologies

Fine Print: Senior positions require an advanced computer science or
EE degrees, or 5 years of industry experience. The junior positions
require BS degrees in computer science or engineering.

From: Lisa Koskinen <>
Subject: Compiler positions available at SAS Institute, Cary, NC
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 09:07:59 -0400

Right up there as #3 on Fortune's "100 Best Places to Work"

For two consecutive years, SAS Institute has ranked #3 on Fortune's
annual list of the 100 Best Companies to Work for in America. Not
only that, of the 18 high-tech companies that made the list, SAS
Institute ranked the highest. There are some mighty good reasons for
that, such as our amazing assortment of benefits, family-friendly
business philosophy and an environment that encourages creativity and
a balanced lifestyle. We also happen to be one of America's largest
and most successful software companies. Check us out at
If all this sounds good to you, consider our current opportunities.

Systems Developer

Selected individual will develop, maintain and support the 370 code
generator for the C compiler and the 370 linker. Will also support
other compiler tools used for development of SAS products for 370.

Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, preferably Computer
Science, with a minimum of 5 years programming experience in C and/or
C++ is required. Experience with System/370 assembler language,
OS/390 and/or CMS/ESA and compiler design is essential.

Systems Developer

Selected individual will develop, maintain and support C compiler
tools for various platforms including OS/390, Windows NT and Unix.

Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, preferably Computer
Science, with a minimum of 2 years programming experience in C and/or
C++ is required. Experience with compiler theory and technology,
OS/390, Windows NT and Unix is essential. Experience with RCS or
similar source management system is preferred.

To Apply: Please e-mail resume along with the position number of
interest to, or mail to Human Resources SAS
Campus Drive, Cary, NC 27513. EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V. Drug free
work environment - urine test required.

From: Rajeev Gulati <>
Subject: Compiler positions at Metroworks, Austin TX

Metrowerks(based in Austin, Tx) is looking for qualified candidates to
develop RISC / CISC / DSP and VLIW backends. Prior experience in
writing code generators, optimizers, instruction scheduling, register
allocation etc. is a plus. Knowledge of C/C++, Java, Windows, MacOS,
Solaris a plus. A BS (or higher) in Computer Science or related field
is required. Interested candidates, please submit your resume to For company info please visit

Rajeev Gulati
Director, Compiler and Linker Technologies
Metrowerks Corporation
Tel: 512 873 4962
Cell: 512 415 7840

Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 00:56:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: Sassan Hazeghi <>
Subject: Compiler Development Position on the HP C++ Compiler Team

We have an opening on the C++ compiler team at HP and if you have a
very good understanding of the C++ language and its run time, and are
interested in a compiler development position, we would like to
discuss this opportunity with you. The areas that our team is
responsible for includes "correct and efficient" implementation of the
full breadth of the C++ language, C++-specific optimizations, design
and tuning of the C++ runtime and performance characterization,
analysis and tuning of large, real world, C++ applications.

This is an opportunity to work with a great team in a fun environment
and to work on a leading edge compiler that can help set the
conformance and performance standard for C++ on the latest

If you are interested, please send your resume to <>
or fax a copy to +1-408-447-4244 (attn: Sassan Hazeghi)

Sassan Hazeghi

Voice: +1-408-447-5007