Re: motorola 68000 assembly to C translator.

Sid Ahmed Ali TOUATI <Sid-Ahmed-Ali.TOUATI@inria.fr>
23 Jul 1999 22:21:29 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
motorola 68000 assembly to C translator. yadid@mmi.co.il (yadid ayzenberg) (1999-06-27)
Re: motorola 68000 assembly to C translator. Sid-Ahmed-Ali.TOUATI@inria.fr (Sid Ahmed Ali TOUATI) (1999-07-23)
Re: motorola 68000 assembly to C translator. cranescale@cs.com (1999-07-23)
Re: motorola 68000 assembly to C translator. ertr1013@student.csd.uu.se (Erik Trulsson) (1999-07-28)
Re: motorola 68000 assembly to C translator. hedley@msgto.com (Hedley Rainnie) (1999-07-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Sid Ahmed Ali TOUATI <Sid-Ahmed-Ali.TOUATI@inria.fr>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 23 Jul 1999 22:21:29 -0400

yadid ayzenberg wrote:

> [That's called a decompiler, I've seen a few but it's very hard to write
> one that does a good enough job to be useful. -John]

Yes, because the assembly code is a low level language. After
compilation, high level information will unfortunately disapeer. We
could easily write a decompiler that generate a C "spaghetti" code
with hundreds of goto's, but this code will be unreadable. Like you
tell, it is very hard to generate a structured program (which is I
think the goal of Yadid) from a low level code.

SAAT