Re: Tiny-Pascal & People's Pascal

"Bill Fahle" <>
20 Jul 1999 01:13:23 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Tiny-Pascal & People's Pascal (Ronald Praver) (1999-07-14)
Re: Tiny-Pascal & People's Pascal (Bill Fahle) (1999-07-20)
Re: Tiny-Pascal & People's Pascal (1999-07-21)
Re: Tiny-Pascal & People's Pascal (Sammy Mitchell) (1999-07-21)
Re: Tiny-Pascal & People's Pascal (Peter Zechmeister) (1999-07-23)
Re: Tiny-Pascal & People's Pascal (Juergen Kahrs) (1999-07-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Bill Fahle" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 20 Jul 1999 01:13:23 -0400

I think I remember a book or two that had full small-pascal compilers
in the text of them, written in pascal. Of course, this requires
bootstrapping to get to a target machine. I found the following from that sort of remind me of those books, but I can't be sure:

Practical Compiling with Pascal-S, by Michael Rees
Programming Language Translation: A Practical Approach

One of these might have been the one I used as a reference to write a
small-Pascal compiler for the Commodore-64 way back when. I found the
books in my university library; they're probably out of print by
now. What relation any of this has to Tiny-Pascal, I have no idea, but
I seem to have conflated all these ideas together in my memory of the
early eighties. I've never heard of People's Pascal.