New version of symbol table package

octavian@earthlink.net (Peter Friend)
7 May 1999 01:15:38 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
New version of symbol table package octavian@earthlink.net (1999-05-07)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: octavian@earthlink.net (Peter Friend)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 7 May 1999 01:15:38 -0400

I have put an updated version of my symbol table package (using a
ternary search trie) on my website. The only change is to the insert
function. Now, when you insert a key which already exists in the
symbol table, the return value still indicates a duplicate key, but
there is another argument to the function where the data pointer for
the existing key is placed. In some situations this can save you from
having to call search first, and then insert. You can do it all with
one call to insert now.

I refer to it as version 1.1 on my site. Again, comments and
suggestions are welcome.

http://www.octavian.org

Peter

---