Re: Automatic C code generation

Norman Ramsey <>
30 Apr 1999 22:50:50 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Automatic C code generation (Hakan Yusan) (1999-04-29)
Re: Automatic C code generation (Norman Ramsey) (1999-04-30)
Re: Automatic C code generation (1999-04-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Norman Ramsey <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 30 Apr 1999 22:50:50 -0400

Hakan Yusan <> wrote:
>Hi, I am looking for some help or ideas how to handle the task of
>generating automatically C codes for the solution of equations that
>can be solved by symbolic computation.

I wrote a paper a short time ago describing a simple equation solver;
the code associated with that paper can emit C code for the solution
of the equations. I'm happy to share the code. The paper is

    Norman Ramsey. A simple solver for linear equations containing
    nonlinear operators. Software---Practice & Experience, 26(4):467--487,
    April 1996.

The catch is that the solver is really useful only for very simple
`almost linear' equations.