Re: debugging
26 Apr 1999 02:01:20 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
debugging (David Urting) (1999-03-23)
Re: debugging (1999-03-28)
Re: debugging (Basim Kadhim) (1999-03-28)
Re: debugging (David Whitten) (1999-03-28)
Re: debugging (Robert Rehberg) (1999-03-28)
Re: debugging (Norman Ramsey) (1999-04-01)
Re: debugging (1999-04-26)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 26 Apr 1999 02:01:20 -0400

> David Urting <> wrote:
> projects, but what I need is information about the low-level
> debugging, such as breakpoints, watches, ... and so on.

"How Debuggers Work" by Jonathan B. Rosenberg. I found it at for about $35. It contains generic (non-platform-specific)
info on architecture, algorithms, and data structures. It has no
source code, but the algorithms are presented in pseudo-code, as well
as suggestions for platforms that may have a specific hardware
capability, which makes some debugger features easier to implement. I
think this book is exactly what you're looking for.

- Ron "Pscion" Newcomb
Computers * PSX * RPGs