moving from yacc to ???

Pavel Velikhov <pvelikho@cs.ucsd.edu>
18 Apr 1999 01:59:17 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
moving from yacc to ??? pvelikho@cs.ucsd.edu (Pavel Velikhov) (1999-04-18)
Re: moving from yacc to ??? dwight@pentasoft.com (1999-04-19)
Re: moving from yacc to ??? slaught@umr.edu (Chad Slaughter) (1999-04-19)
Re: moving from yacc to ??? rsherry@home.com (Robert Sherry) (1999-04-26)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Pavel Velikhov <pvelikho@cs.ucsd.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 Apr 1999 01:59:17 -0400

Hi,
I have developed a parser for a query language in yacc,
and I would like to port it to a more sophisticated tool.
I would like to have an EBNF tool with ability to generate AST's
automatically. Also I want to have a clean grammar - I don't want
to rewrite it to fit LL(1) or something weak like that (I am not sure
my grammar is in LL(1) actually). Could you recommend a tool that would
fit the above? (should be close to the power of LALR, have EBNF,
generate
ASTs, work with Java, hopefully generate HTML pages for the grammar ala
JavaCC, efficiency is the last concern).

Thank you very much,
Pavel Velikhov
pvelikho@cs.ucsd.edu