Current Compiler Research Topics

a_vishy@hotmail.com
9 Apr 1999 14:14:22 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Current Compiler Research Topics a_vishy@hotmail.com (1999-04-09)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: a_vishy@hotmail.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 9 Apr 1999 14:14:22 -0400

I am doing a small literature survey on my own on
the current topics in compiler research. Although I have
done some development and debugging on compilers for about
two years, I am more interested in knowing what are the current
trends in compiler research.

I could find a lot of compiler work being done on the architectural
side, maybe because of the latest features in the new architectures(eg
ILP,Prefetching, Profiling).

But I wanted to know more on work being done on higher level compiler
optimizations independent of architecture like something in Program
Analysis, or some new methods in loop transformations.

Are there any sites that I can look at or any new area, that I should
read and know about? I hope I get some good pointers, I can post a
summary of it later.

      thanks

      Ashok
    (a_vishy@hotmail.com)