compiler designing

Daniele Benegiamo <daniele.benegiamo@aleph.it>
6 Apr 1999 22:51:16 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Re: compiler designing toby@telegraphics.com.au (toby) (2006-03-11)
Re: compiler designing jatin.bhateja@conexant.com (Jatin Bhateja) (2006-03-11)
Re: compiler designing dido@imperium.ph (Rafael 'Dido' Sevilla) (2006-03-15)
compiler designing daniele.benegiamo@aleph.it (Daniele Benegiamo) (1999-04-06)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Daniele Benegiamo <daniele.benegiamo@aleph.it>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 6 Apr 1999 22:51:16 -0400

Hi,

I'm developing a compiler for a language that will be expanded in
future. So I need to make the front-end (the more "language dependent"
part of compiler) very extendable. For example, next versions of the
language will introduces new basic types and new constructs.

I produce, as back-end of the compiler, an assembly code that I will
compile in a virtual machine code.

Someone can suggest me how design the compiler core? I'm developing it
using an OO approach but I have few experience in compiler design.

Thanks, Daniele.
--
Daniele "kafumanto" Benegiamo | mailto:Daniele.Benegiamo@aleph.it
                                                                | http://www.aleph.it/~benegiamo
[The usual advice is to use front end tools like yacc or more likely one
of its more modern descendants to build the front end automatically from
a grammar description. -John]