Announcement: complex numbers as basic type for java (Edwin Guenthner)
3 Apr 1999 21:55:14 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Announcement: complex numbers as basic type for java (1999-04-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (Edwin Guenthner)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 3 Apr 1999 21:55:14 -0500

During the last months I developed an extension of Martin Oderskys
compiler for generic java (see

My new compiler cj introduces a new basic type complex for complex
numbers to Java (still producing pure JVM Bytecode!).

For details see: or a mirror in Australia:

You can download a beta version of cj from both pages. cj comes with
two jar-files containing the necessary classes, a brief description
and an example file.

Feel free to use it and contact me, if you have problems: