Announcing ProGrammar Developer's Toolkit -- feedback wanted

"Norman E. Wilson" <>
1 Apr 1999 00:54:54 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Announcing ProGrammar Developer's Toolkit -- feedback wanted (Norman E. Wilson) (1999-04-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Norman E. Wilson" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 1 Apr 1999 00:54:54 -0500

The ProGrammar Developer's Toolkit is a visual development environment
for building, testing and debugging parsers. The product is currently
in Beta, with version 1.0 scheduled for release on April 30th. We
invite you to download the Beta and let us know what you think.

ProGrammar is based upon ongoing research. It incorporates a number of
interesting features that will be enhanced and expanded in future
versions; including:

- language support for grammar inheritance
- reusable grammar definitions (through inheritance)
- context-specific handling of case-sensitivity and whitespace
- unification of lexical scanning and parsing
- separation of parsing from semantic actions
- length constraints over tokens
- parse constraints
- run-time grammar definition and parser generation
- programming language independence

While version 1.0 is primarily a productivity tool for applications
programmers, several of ProGrammar's features may have a bearing on
compiler theory and construction. Please support our continued
research and development efforts by evaluating the Beta and offering
your comments and suggestions.

ProGrammar can be downloaded from our website at

Thanks in advance!

Norman E. Wilson