C-Compiler Option for SPARC that disables Register-Windows

Werner Messner <messnerw@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
23 Mar 1999 00:28:23 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C-Compiler Option for SPARC that disables Register-Windows messnerw@informatik.tu-muenchen.de (Werner Messner) (1999-03-23)
Re: C-Compiler Option for SPARC that disables Register-Windows fjh@cs.mu.OZ.AU (1999-03-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Werner Messner <messnerw@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.sys.sun.misc
Date: 23 Mar 1999 00:28:23 -0500

Hi there,

Does anyone know a compiler/compiler-option that allows compilation of
code without using the Register-windows of the SPARC architecture.

There is an old version of the gcc around that allows the former
described option. It was called "-mflat" as shown in :

http://www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/RZ/world/software/gnu/gcc/gcc_2.html#SEC19

The version of the gcc, that I use, does not support this option. I
use the gcc version:"egcs-1.0.1".

Does anyone know, which version does support this feature?

I do not mind whether a GNU compiler or Suns C compiler does provide this
option. I'm interested in every solution to this problem.

F'up2: gnu.gcc

Many thanks in advance,
Werner