Re: debugger for sh or csh

pedwards@dma.org (Phil Edwards)
19 Jan 1999 00:56:15 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
debugger for sh or csh abbottk@earthlink.net (Kirk Abbott) (1999-01-15)
Re: debugger for sh or csh pedwards@dma.org (1999-01-19)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: pedwards@dma.org (Phil Edwards)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 19 Jan 1999 00:56:15 -0500

Kirk Abbott <abbottk@earthlink.net> wrote:
+ I was just poking aroung the DDD home page and saw debuggers for a
+ number of languages (including perl & python). Then it occurred to me
+ that I have *never* seen a debugger for sh or csh.
[snip]
+ [I usually use the -x flag -John]

Both -x and -n. Some support -v, which is slightly different than -x.
And some support -X and -V in addition to -x and -v.

Personally, -n (same meaning as in make(1)) can be a big, big help.

Luck++;
=> If you post a followup, PLEASE don't email a copy to me. I read news
        often enough that replying to things twice is annoying. But thanks.