Re: Z80 translator

"Gerard Krupa" <>
17 Jan 1999 20:51:39 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Z80 translator (Gordon Abbott) (1999-01-15)
Re: Z80 translator (1999-01-17)
Re: Z80 translator (Gerard Krupa) (1999-01-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Gerard Krupa" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 17 Jan 1999 20:51:39 -0500

Gordon Abbott <> wrote

>Does anyone know of a program which will translate z80 assembly language
>source into 68000 or some other "newer" processor's instruction set?

  After a brief search I found the following files on the 'net:

I haven't managed to compile it yet using GNU Pascal but maybe you'll
have more luck.

According to the doc, this is a Z80 to 68k ASM converter written by
Motorola themselves. The first two files are the Pascal source code
to the utility, the final file is a 68k ASM stub that has to be put on
the front of converted source code in order for it to assemble.

        Gerard Krupa

The opinions expressed here are also available in hardback.