Re: Z80 translator

"Gerard Krupa" <krupa@pemail.net>
17 Jan 1999 20:51:39 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Z80 translator gabbott@coresystemsxyz.com (Gordon Abbott) (1999-01-15)
Re: Z80 translator rogerha@aol.com (1999-01-17)
Re: Z80 translator krupa@pemail.net (Gerard Krupa) (1999-01-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Gerard Krupa" <krupa@pemail.net>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 17 Jan 1999 20:51:39 -0500

Gordon Abbott <gabbott@coresystemsxyz.com> wrote

>Does anyone know of a program which will translate z80 assembly language
>source into 68000 or some other "newer" processor's instruction set?

  After a brief search I found the following files on the 'net:

I haven't managed to compile it yet using GNU Pascal but maybe you'll
have more luck.

http://ftp.cised.unina.it/pub/electronics/motorola/m68k/z80cnv
http://ftp.cised.unina.it/pub/electronics/motorola/m68k/z80cnvb
http://ftp.cised.unina.it/pub/electronics/motorola/m68k/z80doc
http://ftp.cised.unina.it/pub/electronics/motorola/m68k/z80fnt

According to the doc, this is a Z80 to 68k ASM converter written by
Motorola themselves. The first two files are the Pascal source code
to the utility, the final file is a 68k ASM stub that has to be put on
the front of converted source code in order for it to assemble.

        Gerard Krupa

--
The opinions expressed here are also available in hardback.