status of bison++

Cees Wesseling <cees@pcraster.nl>
17 Jan 1999 20:50:45 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
status of bison++ cees@pcraster.nl (Cees Wesseling) (1999-01-17)
Re: status of bison++ bob@werken.com (1999-01-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Cees Wesseling <cees@pcraster.nl>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 17 Jan 1999 20:50:45 -0500
Posted-Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 11:53:20 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

I am considering to migrate an application from c to c++. One issue
is to make the lexer/parser also a c++ class framework by using
flex++/bison++ instead of the regular flex/bison. The status of
bison++ is hard to track on the net. All I found is a version 1.21 in
some archive while FSF is at bison 1.25. Questions:

- Does anyone have any pointers to some information about
bison++ (and flex++, althoug flex can also create a C++ wrapper
so that is not that relevant)?
- Does anyone has any experience in migrating from flex/bison to
      flex++/bison++?

Thanks in adavance,
Cees Wesseling