Please review "Porting GCC for Dummies" - available via FTP

Hans-Peter Nilsson <>
19 Dec 1998 21:37:29 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Please review "Porting GCC for Dummies" - available via FTP (Hans-Peter Nilsson) (1998-12-19)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 19 Dec 1998 21:37:29 -0500

Feedback most welcome on an introductory document about porting
GCC: "Porting GCC for Dummies" (tentative title). It is based
on my master's thesis, previously announced - so here we go again:
<URL:> (604 K)
- there's .pdf.gz (368K), .ps (1M), and .ps.gz (215K) too.

"Sources" at:
It's a GPL:ed document (with signed papers in place).
  Shameless plug: RMS thought it was worth bothering with, so it
may actually be informative.

Again: Please comment. Contents, packaging, spelling, language,
document-style, name, mumble...
Yes, you people in the woodwork, that includes you! ;-)

Holiday reading, anyone?

Happy Holidays and thank you for your time.
brgds, H-P
Hans-Peter Nilsson, Axis Communications AB, S - 223 70 LUND, SWEDEN | Tel +46 462701867,2701800
Fax +46 46136130 | RFC 1855 compliance implemented; report loss of brain.
[Better change the name or my publisher's Attack Lawyers will come and
bite you. Yes, it's a trademark in Sweden. -John]