Re: Java Compiler

John Anthony Busigin <>
19 Dec 1998 11:27:00 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
java compiler (Christof Simons) (2001-08-25)
Java Compiler (Iztok Prelog) (1998-12-18)
Re: Java Compiler (John Anthony Busigin) (1998-12-19)
Re: Java Compiler (Gerd Bleher) (1998-12-21)
Re: Java Compiler (Markus Kohler) (1999-01-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: John Anthony Busigin <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 19 Dec 1998 11:27:00 -0500

Iztok Prelog wrote:
> Does anybody know where can I find some information about java to
> bytecode compiler (how the compiler works). I'm doing a research work
> and I would be very greatfull for any information.

What you'll want to study is the JVM, which very similar to a 'real'
machine. It's bytecode also has it's own assembly too, which is just
a symbolic representation of the bytecode, just like a normal machine.

Here are a list of interesting links you might want to take a look at.
They deal with the inner workings of the JVM, and will provide you
with the JVM instruction sets, Java assemblers, disassemblers and
other things of interest. I also recommend purchasing a good
reference book on the topic. And without further ado:

I hope that this is what you're looking for!

John Busigin