Compiler positions available for week ending December 13

compilers-jobs@iecc.com
13 Dec 1998 13:58:04 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending December 13 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1998-12-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: compilers-jobs@iecc.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.jobs.offered
Date: 13 Dec 1998 13:58:04 -0500

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

From: "Li, Wei" <wei.li@intel.com>
Subject: Intel compiler engineers (Santa Clara, CA)
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 14:57:54 -0800

Full-time and summer intern positions are available in the area of compiler
optimizations (memory hierarchy and parallelization) for Intel's next
generation IA64 processors.

      * Type of position: software engineer (PhD or MS)
      * Location: Silicon Valley in Santa Clara, California
      * Starting date: available now

          Design and implementation of the IA64 compiler, program analyses
          and transformations, locality optimizations, loop transformations, data
transformations,
          data dependence analysis, parallelization, vectorization.

Contact Wei Li at wei.li@intel.com.

-------------------------------

Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 18:14:17 +0100
From: Vania Joloboff <v.joloboff@opengroup.org>
Subject: Compiler position at Open Group (Grenoble, France)

Job Title: Junior Software Engineer or Senior Software Engineer

Location: Grenoble, FRANCE

Information:
We are now recruiting compiler engineers for our lab in Grenoble,
France, to work on Java compilers.
More information on our work can be found at
                http://www.gr.opengroup.org/java
                http://www.gr.opengroup.org/java/compiler

Job responsibilities:

Work with a small team on the Java compilers that we develop (both
Just-In-Time and Ahead-Of-Time compilers) The work includes design and
specifications, development and testing of new software, and support
of our existing software.

This position provides opportunities to develop creativity and problem
solving skills in a highly technical development environment that
stresses both independence and collaboration with other team members.

The ideal candidate will have broad knowledge in computing science
plus intense interest in object oriented language interpreters and/or
compilers.

We would prefer to hire a senior person with background in developing
optimizing compilers but we are prepared to hire a more junior person
as long as compiler is a strong motivation.

The applicants will speak English fluently, work well in teams, be
self motivated, move rapidly and confidently to tackle new challenges.

Job Requirements:

- MS or Ph D.
- Preferably industry experience, but not required.
- Experience with compilers for senior candidates, in particular
    optimizations such as interprocedural analysis, data flow analysis,
    global and local optimization, and preferably SSA techniques.
- Object-oriented design
- Java experience preferably but not required.
- Some knowledge of computer architecture and hardware concepts.
- Ability to rapidly understand an existing code base.
- We are located in France but we have international staff and the
    working language is English.

Contact Information:

                Vania Joloboff
                The Open Group Research Institute
                2 Avenue de Vignate
                38610 Gieres
                FRANCE
                Tel: +33 47 663 4892

Please send e-mail resumes as ASCII or Postscript or HTML or PDF
or MS Word to V.Joloboff@gr.opengroup.org

V.Joloboff@opengroup.org Tel:+33 47 663 4892
http://www.gr.opengroup.org/~vania Fax:+33 47 651 0532